On March 16th, the National Seminar INVESTT took place in Salzburg.
This event was organized by the National Team from Germany (BZ Aschau) and the National Team from Austria (SOB Caritas and PH Salzburg).
35 participants attended the seminar. The participants were:
• teachers and headmasters from secondary and vocational schools for students with and without disabilities from Austria and Germany,
• the head of the department „Behindertenarbeit“ from Salzburg,
• a representative from the Agency of Work from Germany and
• heads from homes for the elderly from Salzburg.
The main aim of the Seminar was to develop networking between our vocational education and the vocational field in social care to achieve lasting job opportunities for people with disabilities.
After lectures by Wolfgang Plaute on the project itself and additional lectures by Johanna Harb and Franz Promberger on the implemenation of the project in Salzburg at the „Schule für Sozialbetreuungsberufe der Erzdiözese der Caritas Salzburg“, three topics have been discussed.
• Chances and needs on the free job-market
• Lasting and effective preservation of jobs
• Networking between education and the practical field.
Here are the results in keywords.
Chances and needs on the free job-market:
- Needs are theoretically given
- profession must be accepted (e.g. „social-assitance“ in Germany)
- Not for all jobs and not for all people with disabilities
- Take care of job-charts (who does what?)
- Good possibility to evaluate the work in nursing and caring
- Chances via differentiation
- Specialising work may be a cost advantage
- A skilled assistant is better than a non-skilled assistant
- Chances via NQR and EQR
- „Fach-Sozialhilfe“ (assitant in social care) is a good low-threshold access to the work in the social field
- A chance for people who come from special needs education
- Qualifications/schools needed, when the vocational trainings are open to people older than 19 years
- Part-time work contracts (50%, 62,5%, 75%)
Lasting and effective preservation of jobs
- Constant mentoring in the job(written plan, who is responsible for what?, what are the things to be done per day?)
- Integration of the person into the team (task for the heads!)
- Trainings for team members
- Detailed job charts
- Checklist for integration measures for people with disabilities
Networking between education and the practical field
- Create networking: school/education/vocational training and the practical field
- Regular exchange between educational facilities
- Create a forum
- Informative meetings after the first experience in the internships
- Create an advisory board on inclusive education and training
Another question discussed: How do we reach other job-givers?
- Final Conference INVESTT in October
- Create the NQR/EQR
- Reach comparability
- Contact professionals from the job-market and politicians
- Be a good example